HAPPY BLOODY NEW YEAR YOU BUNCH OF ABSOLUTE PEACHES!
I thought I should write a post which I am now going to continue as a yearly tradition, taking a moment to reflect over the past year. For this installment, I’d like to cast your mind back to my blog post waaay back on the 3rd of January 2016 where I had set myself some goals for 2016. Let’s see how I got on!
January 2016 (goals for 2016):
- Get my joints fixed- YAS! Pretty much sorted, though do have the occasional relapse with hip pain
- See my friends and family more- 2016 was crazy busy. This year I need to make more of an effort to see friends and family and actually leave the house. My confidence levels had plummeted in 2014/15 and they’re only just starting to pick up again now.
- Read more- I didn’t really do this in 2016 and yes I used to be such a bookworm, though I started my Master’s degree in Marketing in September 2016, so now it’s head down in journals and articles instead of reading for fun. I have some great novels lined up for when I have some down time.
- Cut down on the booze- DONE! Apart from NYE and a friend’s wedding reception I pretty much keep the boozing down to a minimum last year which was great. I can still drink like a fish though, but have more self control these days!
- Go on more adventures- In September 2016 I went to NYC all by myself! I’m now full of wanderlust and a deep desire to take more photograph’s and create more memories instead of buying “stuff”. I’ll be posting a blog on NYC over the next couple of weeks.
- Get my butt back into the Gym- Har-de-har… I’m getting there and did really well for the later part of last year, thank to Luke at ‘Nomorebolics’ who really helped with my training and diet. You can read more about that here.
- Be at peace with myself- I’ve started yoga again and have read many books and blogs on mindfulness. I’m so much more chilled out than I used to be and have cut a lot of negativity from my life.
- Work harder in the day job and achieve work related goals- TECHY JOB GOAL ACHIEVED! I now work full-time as a Web and Communications Officer at my local University which is pretty much my prefect job. Happy days.
- Cook healthier meals- Achievement unlocked! I cook and eat healthier, drink more water and am generally on the right track. Even after Christmas I’ve put loads of my chocolates away for a rainy day when I need a pick-me-up, I just don’t want to be that person that relies on sugar and bad carbs anymore. The only way is up (Yazz taught me that).
- Stop comparing myself to others- DONE! I used to spend so much time on social media thinking how ugly I was in comparison to women 10 years my junior and I look back and think “what the hell was I doing?!” I. DON’T. CARE! I’m happy in my own skin, feeling sassy and confident and more determined than ever to work hard, play hard and just have the best time on this crazy planet we live on. As soon as you stop comparing yourself to others and feel confident in your own skin, people notice and you will too. All women are amazing, let’s st9op comparing ourselves to each other and just be the best version of ourselves we can be. WERK IT.
Now, it’s time for 2017 goals…
- Travel more- As previously mentioned I’m so full of wanderlust I could pop, so really want to get out there and see more of the world. My top destinations for travel this year would be: Australia, China, Hawaii and Mexico. Obviously not all in this year! Though maybe I should start doing the lottery? Hmmm….
- Get on the road- I need to get my drivers license this year. I passed my theory last year, so now it’s time to get behind the wheel of a car and make this happen!
- Cycle more (for fun)- I commute to work on my bicycle, which is a 4.4 mile round-trip 5 days a week, but I want more! Any local cycling buddies up for a cycling adventure, let me know, yah?
- RUN RUN RUN!- My Pal Hollie is amazing, she’s run numerous marathons, half-marathon’s and she’s just a beautiful, running machine and has inspired me to start running again. This will be a HUGE challenge for me due to my hip problems, but I’ll give it a try! first event is the Tough Mudder half in April (you can sponsor me, here).
- Say “YES” more often- I’m the first to bail at a party, turn down invites for social events and I just need to get out there more! From now on, I’ll try to say “Yes” more often.
- Curb my spending- OK, so obviously I want to save to go on some travels, however I do need to stop buying random crap even just random bits of food/ magazines and especially clothes and shoes! This year I want to be more frugal and savvy with my cash.
- Minimalism- I have a LOT of crap! This year I am going to declutter my wardrobe, craft supplies etc and become more streamlined. I think this will be really healthy for the mind and soul.
- See my friends and family more- Yup, this is being carried over from 2016 which wasn’t a bad year for seeing people, however I need to organise my time better to see more people.
- Work hard at my degree- I’ve been given this opportunity to study a Master’s degree, which is being paid for by my work. I love it and hate it in equal measures as it takes up most of my “free” time. I need to knuckle down, plan better and get the best result I can from this degree. I’m not the most academic of people in the world, though I’m very determined and driven and will not fail!
- Blog more- I need to blog more and make it a weekly thing! I only managed 11 last year?! Which is just awful!! This will happen! Starting this week, with this blog post. I’m on the right track already….
What are your New Year’s resolutions? I’d love to hear them! Comment below and let’s discuss!
Over and out!